The Decision Support Community at UTK is designed to support the overall Data Governance initiative. Through communication, planning and data sharing we aim to reduce redundant data on campus, increase data quality and facilitate involvement in the effective use of data and tools. Subcommittees will be formed as needed, and regular meetings will be held.
Oversight of the DSC is provided by the individuals below. The Data Governance Steering Team also functions as the chairs of the DSC, working closely with campus leadership, data trustees, and data stewards on priorities around data portfolio development, data quality initiates, and proper use of the campus data warehouse.
- Mark Savage, Deputy CIO & Executive Director of Applications, OIT (Chair)
- Denise Gardner, Assistant Provost & Director, IRSA (Chair)
- Connie Grove, Assistant Director of Applications, OIT
- Jim Lenio, Associate Director, IRSA
- Scott Sportsman, Executive Director, EM Research and Analytics
- Student Life Representative (currently unassigned)
- OIT Information Management & Analytics Team
- IRSA Institutional Research and Strategic Analysis Team
- Enrollment Management Research and Analytics Team
- Campus College / Administrative Power Users