Starting early 2018, a Decision Support Community is being formed on the UTK campus to support the Data Governance initiative. Through communication, planning and data sharing we aim to reduce redundant data on campus and facilitate involvement in the effective use of data and tools. Subcommittees will be formed, and regular meetings will be held. More information will be available in late February 2018.
Oversight of the DSC is provided by the individuals below. The Data Governance Steering Team also functions as the chairs of the DSC, working closely with campus leadership, data trustees, and data stewards on priorities around data portfolio development, data quality initiates, and proper use of the campus data warehouse.
- Mark Savage, Interim Assistant CIO & Executive Director, OIT (Co-Chair)
- Denise Gardner, Assistant Provost & Director, OIRA (Co-Chair)
- Mark Alexander, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Student Life (Co-Chair)
- Donald Cunningham, Associate Director, OIRA
- Connie Grove, IT Manager, Information Management & Analytics, OIT
- OIT Information Management & Analytics Team
- OIRA Institutional Research Team
- Campus College Power Users